Cannabis for Treating HIV/AIDS and Wasting Syndrome

Disclaimer: It is important to note that consulting with your doctor/physician should take precedence and come first when deciding upon treating any ailment or disease. Additionally, research into cannabis, while the field is indeed growing, is still limited and the need for clinical trials and experiments is a topic that society needs to collectively address. Proper and effective dosing, for example, is a facet of medical marijuana that has been difficult to establish due to restrictions our governments have in place.The potential for cannabis’ ability to save lives is one that cannot be overlooked, but unfortunately still needs to be intensively studied.

The following is a collection of news articles, research literature, peer reviewed medical studies, resources, documentaries, interviews, and lecture clippings discussing cannabis as a medicine for treating  AIDS, HIV, and Wasting Syndrome.

Marijuana-Like Chemicals Inhibit Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) in Late-State AIDS – Mar 2012 article on ScienceDaily.com

Marijuana-Like Compounds Fight AIDS, Study Finds – Mar 2012 article on Huffington Post Health News.

Temple Scientists Weaken HIV Infection in Immune Cells Using Synthetic Agents Related to Active Ingredient in Marijuana – Apr 2013 article from Temple University.

Synthetic Compounds From Marijuana Appear to Fight HIV – May 2013 article on AIDSMeds.com

Medical Marijuana & HIV/AIDS – FAQ page on Marijuana Policy Project.

Scholarly Articles and Medical Studies:

Medical Marijuana Patient Gary Bellitt – HIV
Found on the youtube channel IowaPatients
HIV Patient Gary Bellitt testifies to the Iowa Board of Pharmacy during a hearing on medical marijuana. Here he discusses how cannabis had saved his life. He also describes how it helped him go back to school where he graduated with a 4.0 GPA – a nod to those who believe marijuana makes you stupid.

AIDS Patient Turns to Medical Marijuana for Relief
Found on the youtube channel Sam Sabzehzar
AIDS patient Henry describes how medical marijuana has made drastic changes to his life for the better.

Dr. Donald Abrams Tells Us How Medical Marijuana Helps AIDS Patients – Pt1
Found on the youtube channel Sam Sabzehzar
Dr. Donald Abrams, MD of UCSF and San Francisco General Hospital discusses how cannabis benefits AIDS patients. He also discusses his 2007 study into cannabis and how difficult research can be with the Federal Government restrictions on medical studies involving marijuana.

Dr. Donald Abrams Tells Us How Medical Marijuana Helps AIDS Patients – Pt2
Found on the youtube channel Sam Sabzehzar
Part 2 of the above video.

Bradley Walter HIV patient: PA HB 1393 medical marijuana hearings
Found on the youtube channel PA4MMJ
HIV Patient Bradley Walter gives testimony to the PA House Health and Human Services Committee to allow for medical marijuana in his state. Here he describes how cannabis helps him live a normal life.

Can Marijuana Help AIDS Patients? | Marijuana
Found on the youtube channel Howcast
Dr. Sunil Kumar Aggarwal, MD, PhD gives a brief overview of how marijuana is useful in the treatment of AIDS.

AIDS, Pain & Cannabis, With Donald Abrams
Found on the youtube channel cannabistherapeutics
Lecture by Dr. Donald Abrams at the 3rd National Clinical Conference on Cannabis Therapeutics. Here he discusses his 2007 clinical study of cannabis on AIDS patients. He also discuss the benefits of cannabis on pain from neuropathy and the problems with trying to obtain legal cannabis.

Cannabis Medicine – AIDS – Medical Marijuana
Found on the youtube channel hampapartiet
Short clip on Cannabis and AIDS throughout the years in San Francisco. Interviews with Dr. Greenspoon and Dr. Donald Abrams.

HPAY 75: Marlene Helps Reg Get Off – AIDS Drugs, That is – On “Rick Simpson” Cannabis Oil
Found on the youtube channel rethinkingAIDS
Podcast recording from the “How Positive Are You?” show. Here Rick Simpson Oil is discussed.

Worldwide Statistics of HIV/AIDS:

• More than 35 million people now live with HIV/AIDS.
  • 3.3 million of them are under the age of 15.
  • In 2012, an estimated 2.3 million people were newly infected with HIV.
  • 260,000 were under the age of 15.
  • Every day nearly 6,300 people contract HIV – 262 every hour.
  • In 2012, 1.6 million people died from AIDS.
  • 210,000 of them were under the age of 15.
  • Since the beginning of the epidemic, more than 75 million people have contracted HIV and nearly 36 million have died of HIV-related causes.

Understand that even today, with full legalization of marijuana in the states of Washington and Colorado, most of the country and most of the world still demonizes and vilifies cannabis despite the fact that it could benefit society in so many ways. It is the most versatile and powerful medicine on the planet; had we discovered a plant with the exact same benefits as marijuana in the Amazon or in some Tibetan mountain the entire world would be going crazy over it. But, because of the stigma that is still attached to “weed,” cannabis remains a schedule I drug in the US touted as “having zero medical use” by the Federal Government. It remains inaccessible throughout most of the world, and in some countries, punishable with life sentences and even death!

This is insane, harmfully ignorant, and inhumane. Prohibition does nothing but harm society and it is unfair to everyone that we continue to believe in the age old propaganda. In some cases, we are even complicit with perpetuating the ignorance surrounding such a simple plant – that could fix a plethora of serious problems. Did you know hemp (yes marijuana, cannabis, and hemp are all the same thing) could fix the greenhouse effect? Did you know hemp makes a more effective bio-fuel for cars? Did you know you could plant hemp in radiated soil to remove the radiation? Are you starting to get the picture?

Please, discuss and share these facts about cannabis and hemp with the people you know. It has so many medicinal applications – again it could be saving billions of lives. It has so many practical applications in the form of hemp – it can be a source of paper, produce, building material, food, textiles, the list goes on. Humanity needs this plant, and the ignorance surrounding it needs to end.

– D

Enhanced by Zemanta
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Cannabis for Treating HIV/AIDS and Wasting Syndrome

1. Pingback: Cannabis Cures Cancer – All the Proof You Need | Cannabis Journal

2. Emma Jurgens says:

Thanks to DR MAXI OWOLABI
    Hello let me give this testimony to the public about a great man who help me out in serious illness. I had HIV AID for good 5 years and I was almost going to the end of my life due to the way my skin look like all I have in my mind is let me just give up because life was not interested to me any longer but I just pray for God every day to accept my soul whenever I’m gone lucky to me my kid sister ran to me that she found a doctor in the internet who can cure HIV/AIDS she helped me out on everything the man ask for my picture, so he can cast a spell on me from his temple after all he ask is done 45mins later I started getting more stronger my blood started flowing normally for 4 to 5 days I start getting Weight before a month my body start developing my skin start coming up after 2month I went for HIV test and I was tested negative I’m so happy that I can say I’m not a HIV patient if you have HIV/AIDS or any sickness please for your sake contact DR MAXI OWOLABI for cure now on, owolabispelltemple@yandex.com

3. ofemuspelltempleandhivcure says:

Hello,
    I was diagnosed of this HIV deadly disease a friend of mine introduce Dr joe to me and I actually did contact him after he has prepare what he said he will do and he sent it to me and I used it according to his prescription after one week I went to the hospital to check my status again because I was feeling differently from the way I used when I was tested POSITIVE to my greatest surprise the status was NEGATIVE the medical doctors there was surprise and I have to tell the whole world about this if you are still having this similar problem I recommend you to Dr joe for you here is his email address: ofemuspelltempleandhivcure@gmail.com

4. paul tracy says:

My name is Paul Tracy,
    and i am from London and i am married for 6
    year, and i and my family have been living happy, I
    have a testimony to share with the world about HIV/
    AIDS story all started on the 20 of may
    2012. when i was very sick and i my husband took
    me to the hospital and so many test was run on me
    that day a the doctor could not fined any illness in
    system on one doctor took my blood and went for
    HIV test and found out that i was HIV positive and
    he told me and my husband and we have been
    looking for cure in so many place and to no vain there no cure to my problem so one day I was chatting on my Facebook
    With a friend and i told her about my problem
    and she told about a great man who cured her
    when she had HIV and she gave me the great Dr
    the healer of HIV and after 2 day try to call
    great Dr okoedion and his cell phone 08168548610 and i share
    my problem with the Dr and he promise to help with my problem
    and after he gave me his. An email to email and his is drokoedionspellhome@gmail.com
    And which I did and he told me what to do and did cast a powerful spell on me after spelling the his told me to go for a test. And I want to three different hospiat and they tested that I was free from HIV so stop killing yourself. Call the great dr today and cure your HIV/AIDS and be free and health
    kind
    And also dr okoedion is into all kind of spell that are listed below ::

Love Spells
    Luck, Money Spells
    Health, Well Being
    Protection, Healing
    Cursed, He, Break-ups
    NEW! Combo Spells
    High Priestess Spells
    Vampire Spells
    Authentic Voodoo Spells
    Custom, Other Spells
    Business spells
    Health/Healing spells
    Curse removal
    Job spells
    Healing from all kind of diseases
    Love binding
    Barren ness(need a child)
    Need love
    Lottery Spells
    Promotions
    Success
    Money rituals
    winning court case
    Divorce spells
    Low sperm count
    Infertility in women

Email Drokoedionspellhome@gmail. com. or via his
    phone +2348168548610 thank you .
    GOOG LUCK

5. Diana Michael says:

I have been suffering from HIV/AIDS since 3 years now, and i happen to have
    2 kids for my husband, and now we cannot proceed to have another kids all
    because of my disease. I have done everything possible to get my disease
    healed, i have went to several places to seek for help not even one person
    could ever help, until i met a comment on the daily news paper that was
    commented by Miss Jane, about how this powerful traditional doctor help her
    get cured of her disease (HIV-AIDS) . I first taught having a help from a
    spiritual traditional healer was a wrong idea, but i think of these, will i
    continue to stress on these disease all day when i have someone to help me
    save my life?” so i gather all my faiths and put in all interest to contact
    him through his Email address at ogboduherbalhivcure@gmail.com , so after i
    have mailed him of helping get my disease cured, he responded to me as fast
    as possible that i should not be afraid, that he is a truthful and powerful
    doctor that will help me cure my disease. So after all has been done, he
    promise me that i will be healed but on a condition that i provide him some
    items which he is going to use to prepare the herbal medication. I gave him
    the money to buy the items for me and only to see that the following week,
    Dr Ogbodu mail me on my mail box that my work is successfully done with his
    powers, i used the herbal medication just the way he instructed me to use
    it. When i went to the hospital to conclude my final test, to my greatest
    surprise, my doctor told me that i am now HIV- Negative. I am the most
    happiest person on earth now, thanks to Dr Ogbodu. You can also contact him
    via his email address: ogboduherbalhivcure@gmail.com if you need his help, he
    is waiting to receive you.

6. kenny joy says:

All thanks to Dr Laku for his good work
    and for healing my brother for HIV sickness he was very sick for five years and my daddy have spend so much money on medical care and drug he have being taking to some many place for healing… even different pastor have pray for him it get worse every 6hous the man that heal with 45mins is here the man that the lord god have giving the power to put every thing in place the man that give a word and never fail my kid brother was just chatting one day when he see this post of jack about the curing of HIV/ADIS virus by Dr Laku he run to my daddy and tell him about the man my daddy decided to call him and confirm it if it is true about the cure the man just assure him about his work that the great power of is for father and his gods cure any disease include HIV/AID, Rota virus, Smallpox ,Hepatitis well we have hope on him which we give a try to after five days my kind brother started getting better as am write this comment his is at work now what a miracle….. if you need help from Dr Laku contact him now my friend through his email or phone number Email: Ikukuspelltemple@gmail.com call him +234810036673

7. Frost says:

I AM SO VERY HAPPY TODAY!!! That is why am giving this big thanks to Dr.Aziza. I have been suffering from HIV/AIDS for the past six (6)years, i have spent a lot getting drugs from the hospital to keep myself healthy, i have tried everything possible to get myself cure, but i could not get any solution! until i decided to try herbal cure that was how i got in contact with this great herbal doctor in an online research. I contacted him and after he had administer his herbal cure on me, two(2) days after i want for another test to God be the glory i tested HIV/AIDS negative, (I am so glad that i am now HIV/AIDS negative). I’m very glad to express my happiness through this medium and to say a big thanks to Dr. Aziza for restoring my life back to normal. You can as well contact Dr. Aziza via drazizahealthcare@gmail.com if you are infected with HIV/AIDS virus or any order health problems.

8. It is no longer news that the Acquired immune deficiency syndrome /Human Immune Virus ( HEPATITIS B) is increasing by the day. The fear is that many people living with the sickness are scared of saying it because of the stigma that comes along with it.I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 8yrs ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could lead a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to HEPATITIS B). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to looking for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the voodoo world. I went online and searched for every powerful trad-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Voodoo Priests had a cure to the HEPATITIS B syndrome. It was after a little time surfing the web that I came across one DR ADEYEMI (A powerful African Voodoo Priest), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. Alas! it worked out well. He gave my some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions.Last month, 20,May, 2016, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that ” I am NEGATIVE” You can free yourself of this (HEPATITIS B) virus by consulting this great African Voodoo Priest via this e-mail: ADEYEMIBELLO1990@GMAIL.COM OR CALL +2348107996445 He will help you